Kali Audio IN-8 V2 (Pair) 8-inch Powered Studio Monitor
Enjoy accurate and lifelike sound with tons of low end, using the the Kali Audio IN-8 V2, a 3-way studio monitor designed for high-quality mixing, production, and critical listening. Kali prides itself on giving you a fantastic sound on a budget, and the IN-8 V2 lives up to their promise, with lower self-noise, an increased SPL, and smoother top end than the original IN-8.
This monitor offers an 8″ woofer for the low end. Mids and highs are handled in a coincident design, with a 4″ midrange driver and 1″ tweeter nested inside. This driver architecture helps give the monitor a realistic stereo image along with clarity of frequency and transient representation that is essential for professional use. Class-D amplification and a carefully plotted front-port improve clarity and efficiency. Tons of options are on hand for analog connectivity and boundary-EQ settings. The monitor ships with a power cable.
Class-D Amplification Throughout
The IN-8 features a Class-D amp with very little self noise, an upgraded DSP section, and upgraded transducers for better reliability.
Lifelike Stereo Imaging
Because of the coincident placement of the midrange and tweeter and the crossover of the woofer midrange (280 Hz), the IN-8 is an acoustic point source. This gives it an ideal directivity characteristic for a studio monitor. You will be able to hear a very lifelike stereo image with details placed clearly and consistently. Off-axis lobing that is unavoidable in a 2-way system is virtually eliminated.
Substantial work was done to optimize the midrange driver not only for its own acoustic performance, but also for its role as the waveguide for the tweeter. The shape is very precise to allow for controlled directivity at midrange to tweeter crossover, ensuring accurate summing both on and off axis. Excursion on the midrange is limited to less than 1mm peak to peak, so that the oscillation of the midrange does not have a negative effect on the tweeter.
Useful Room Features
The IN-8 incorporates all of the benefits of Kali’s Lone Pine series monitors. These include optimized woofers for powerful clean bass, a front-firing port tube, and boundary-compensated EQ.
- 8-inch powered studio monitor with coaxial 1-inch textile-dome tweeter and 4-inch optimized-profile poly-coated midrange driver
- Improves upon its predecessor with a new amplifier platform, improved transducers, and an upgraded cabinet
- Tri-amped design with integrated Class D power amp
- Ruler-flat frequency response ‚Äî there‚Äôs nothing hyped about this speaker
- Exhibits negligible levels of distortion ‚Äî a full 6dB lower than its nearest competitor
- Boasts 20dB of headroom while playing continuously at 85dB
- Large magnets and voice coils produce super-accurate low-end response and impressive low-frequency extension
- Coaxial design exhibits superb directivity ‚Äî better than any non-coaxial design ‚Äî covering your entire room uniformly
- Low-noise port tube yields clean, punchy bass with zero chuffing
- Boundary EQ enables you to tailor the speaker to any environment
- LF/HF trims for fine-tuning the speaker‚Äôs response
- Balanced XLR and TRS inputs, and an unbalanced RCA input
There are no reviews yet.